MD / DME / MEM
Medical Director / Director of Medical Education / Medical Education Manager
Our Medical Director Professor Erika Denton, Consultant Radiologist with a Special Interest in Breast Imaging Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital Trust, Honorary Professor of Radiology, University of East Anglia and National Advisor on Imaging to NHS Improvement.
Erika is a consultant radiologist and Medical Director in Norwich. She publishes and speaks widely on health care policy related to diagnostics.
Erika’s appointment to the role of Medical Director in 2019 follows 2 years as Associate Medical Director.
Erika has been advising NHS Improvement since 2016 where she has convened and chairs the National Imaging Optimisation and Productivity Delivery Board. She leads work to improve imaging services across England.
Erika was the National Clinical Director for Diagnostics at NHS England with responsibility for clinical leadership, advice and guidance across the NHS and covering all diagnostic services from 2013-2016. From 2005-2013 Erika was National Clinical Lead, and subsequently National Clinical Director, for Imaging at DH leading a complex programme of work across all aspects of imaging.
Erika was previously Divisional Clinical Director for support services, Director of Breast Screening and Head of Radiology Training in Norwich.
Erika did her medical training at St Thomas’ Hospital, London and then spent 4 years in general medical training before radiology training in London. She was a consultant radiologist at Kings College Hospital in London before she moved to Norfolk in 1999.
Director of Medical Education
NANIME is a very active postgraduate centre with an excellent and enthusiastic faculty of tutors and administration staff. At NNUH we are dedicated to providing you with a fulfilling educational experience. We understand that you are pivotal to the workings of our trust and we value your experience and input.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed and achieve your full potential, and we are happy to provide you with any help and support during your stay with our Hospital.
Please feel free to contact me with any feedback or suggestions to improve your training experience.
About our DME:
- Our DME Medha Sule is a consultant Gynaecologist at the NNUH and was appointed as the Director of Medical education in June 2017.
- Medha brings a wealth of experience from various roles in Post and Undergraduate education.
- Medha remains an active faculty member on various international and national courses and has various educational publications.
- Medha works closely with the NANIME team, the speciality tutors and HEE to enable the best educational and working experience for all our junior doctors.
Deputy Director of Medical Education
Our Deputy DME Prasanna Sankaran MD MRCP (Resp Med) FRCP (London) is a Consultant Respiratory Physician at the NNUH and was appointed as the Deputy Director of Medical education in July 2018.
- Module Lead for Respiratory Medicine for MBBS course at the Norwich Medical School, UEA 2016 till date.
- Hon Senior Lecturer, Norwich Medical School, UEA 2015 till date.
- Royal College of Physicians Tutor, NNUH 2019 till date.
- MRCP PACES Examiner, RCP London.
- Course director Mock PACES NNUH in partnership with HEE0E.
- Faculty at Respiratory Regional STR educational programme.
- Faculty for NNUH IMPACT course.
Prasanna has a vested interest in medical education and believes that as an educational leader "One can think about solutions rather than talk about problems".
Medical Education Manager
As the Medical Education Manager for NANIME I am delighted to be able to welcome you to our website.
Our aim is to improve patient safety through excellent teaching and training, and we have designed our programmes to specifically meet the needs for your continuing professional development.
We aspire to provide a comprehensive set of programmes such as Simulation, Virtual Reality (VR), ATLS, IMPACT and PACES, to offer you the opportunities to gain excellent training with our highly motivated tutors.
About our MEM:
- Our MEM brings a wealth of experience from various management roles within the NHS and public sector.
- Sharon was a Nurse Practitioner and Social Worker and worked on various community health projects in the USA before coming back to the UK.
- Sharon has been instrumental in the development of a full simulation suite for the NNUH and has brought post and undergraduate education under the umbrella of NANIME.
I look forward to meeting you soon.